Parinirvana Day Festival
Enlightenment with No Remainder...
A full day festival marking the final passing of the Buddha two and a half millennia ago. An opportunity to contemplate impermanence, rejoice in the example of the Buddha’s life and reflect on the precious opportunity that our own lives present us. The day will include meditation, reflection and ritual as well as an opportunity to remember those who have died in the last year.
Programme at a glance:
- 10-11am | Meditation Morning
- 11-12pm | Reflecting on Qualities of the Buddha -something for all ages
- 12-1pm | Celebration of Nirvana
- 1-2pm | Lunch | Bring a vegan lunch to share.
- 2-3pm | Song recital reflecting moods of devotion
- 3-4pm | Remembrance celebration
- 4.30-5.30pm | Keynote talk by Sanghajit
- 5.30-6pm | Transferring Merit
- 6-7pm | Dinner at the LBC
- 7.15-9.30pm | Puja with Mitra Ceremonies
Led by Sanghajit and Kusalasara. 10am – 9.30pm. In person, with online elements. By donation.
If there are no places left, click on the button below to express your interest